Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Well...Damn.

I am doing well in my first week of lectures in Gulu, except that today I was admitted to the Gulu Independent Hospital and diagnosed with Typhoid Fever.  I am pretty sick, but feeling better now that I am in the hospital.  I have taken two IV drips and will get another in the morning.  The doctor said I should be here a day or two, then I will need anti-biotics for a few days afterwards. 

I am not the only one.  David, another student on the trip, is in the bed next to me with Typhoid as well.  We figure we ate or drank something together that hit us, so we will be recovering together.  The good thing is that we are in an independent hospital which is really clean and has good doctors.  It is a vast improvement since my previous clinical visits in Tanzania. 

Thank you for your prayers as always.  I will let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment